Just think for one day
could you live without knowing
the news of your town or country or world?
Do you really need to be stressed with
accidents that happen to people you don’t know
and make you feel miserable that someone died?
Are you living your life depending on the
television and the internet to fill your mind
with so many details and information that is unrelated to you?
If you are checking your Facebook, blog or Twitter accounts
and don’t move your body, are you thinking about
your one thousand friends’ news or your own life?
I met a woman the other day and she said she lived in the forest for six years, in a shack. She had no phone or tv or computer. She brought some books with her and these were her entertainment, when she desired any. I just got to thinking and wondered….what would it be like to turn off all our phones, televisions and computers for just one day?
- Social Media: The Greatest Development In The History Of Television Since Colour (umpf.co.uk)
- Facebook Rules Workday, TV Owns Primetime: Report (allfacebook.com)
- There I Fixed It: A Metaphor for our Television Addiction (failblog.org)
- Disconnecting to Connect: Our “Experiment” plus 10 Tips for your Family (mommymanders.com)
- Poll: TV still trumps the web for campaign news (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- are those who dont watch TV really poor fools? (sandramartinsone.wordpress.com)